Royal Zanzibar Beach Resort is in full compliance with both global government requirements and requirements made by local departments of health as applicable. We are comitted to the health and safety of all guests and staff.
Health & Safety Standards
- All travelers entering Zanzibar will go through a temperature check before entering the country
- All travelers must have valid travel insurance for the duration of their stay in Zanzibar
- It is suggested that your online visa form be filled in prior to your arrival.This can be completed here.
- Zanzibar does not require a negative COVID-19 certificate for entry at this time, however it may be required by your airline, countries you enter in transit or your home country on your return. It is highly recommended that you regularly check government and airline websites for updates as the requirements are constantly changing. For more information click here.
- Everyone arriving at our properties has their temperature checked.
- Luggage is sanitized prior to entering the rooms and kept in a luggage area before being transferred to the rooms.
- 1.5m distance is kept between travel groups.
All team members have received enhanced COVID-19 related health and safety training, including correct procedures for wearing masks and personal protective equipment and physical distancing awareness.
- All team members will be wearing masks
- Distance based greeting throughout the resort
- Temperature checks before each shift
- Regular health checks will be carried out
- Dedicated hygiene supervisors for each department
We have significantly increased cleaning schedules in all public areas with particular focus on high-touch areas. We strictly adhere to physical distancing best practices in all public spaces.
- Use of proper grade chemicals for cleaning and sanitizing
- Property is spread over 20 acres which also allows us to deal with social distancing naturally
- Rooms are thoroughly cleaned and disinfected after every stay.
- Towels are changed on request.
- Guests are given the option of when and whether they would like their room serviced
- Digitized hotel information provided to guest via e-mail